WEGC have been instituted to provide a conducive environment for girls and women to ensure their freedom, safety and security in an atmosphere of equality and dignity also to facilitate their participation and success in higher education.
The Women Cell shall strive to create a better and just society by creating awareness of feminine potential
- To make the women staff and students aware of their social and legal rights and to equip them to stand against gender violence and gender discrimination.
- To address the grievances and to provide a dignified, congenial working environment for women employees and students, where they can work, study and explore their maximum potential.
- To highlight the importance of health and hygiene.
- To develop multidisciplinary approach for the overall personality development.
- To encourage greater participation and to develop responsible and value oriented leadership in the students.
- To promote awareness about sexual harassment in their daily life formally or informally.
- To encourage and develop the entrepreneurial skill in women through seminars and workshops.
Role and responsibilities of WEGC faculty representative
- To monitor and counsel women students of their department, in the case of requirement.
- To bring awareness among women about government support services and college support services.
- To conduct competitions such as presentations, elocution, essay writing and painting to encourage women students to express their ideas.
Role and responsibilities of Student in charges
- To spread the objectives of WEGC among the women students.
- To participate actively in the events and competitions organized by the cell and encourage other women students to participate.
- To interact regularly with the women students of the class.
- To bring to the notice of the faculty representative of their respective department, if any gender specific issue arises among the women students